HPCS Systems/Software Engineer
HPCS Systems/Software Engineer - 1202238 Job Location: Bristol, United Kingdom
HP Cloud Services (HPCS) is creating and operating HP’s global-scale public cloud. We are seeking a talented, experienced software developer to join our Compute Service software engineering team. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of building and scaling HP’s public cloud business and working with leading-edge technologies, at large scale, in a fast-paced environment.
The Compute Service provides flexible, controlled and secure customer virtual machines. The service is based on the OpenStack Nova open source cloud management platform, and the HPCS team plays a full and growing part in the OpenStack community.
Strong candidates will be innovative, knowledgeable and highly productive software engineers with a track record of successful software/service development projects and high-quality deliverables. They will be great team players with good interpersonal skills. They will take direct ownership for developing service features and seeing them through from design to deployment and operation. They will be engaged with and contribute to the OpenStack community, blending this work with the specific requirements of the HPCS Compute service.
- Software design and development through the complete software lifecycle.
- Leading/owning the design, development, documentation, delivery and operation of complete service features, enhancements and defect fixes for the Compute service.
- Participation in our agile development process: collaborative development of user stories/requirements, sprint planning, sprint execution and process improvement.
- Participation in providing team-wide 24x7 on-call service support, providing an escalation path for Compute service issues that cannot be resolved by first and second line support.
- Active participation in the OpenStack Nova open source community in order to track and influence the evolution of the OpenStack Nova component and to contribute discussions, designs, code, reviews, tests and other relevant artefacts.
- Significant software development experience.
- Solid programming experience in Python. Can be substituted with experience in Java, Ruby or C/C++.
- Strong software design, implementation and test skills.
- Ability to work as part of a distributed, global engineering team.
- A passion for open source software development.
- Experience with Linux virtualisation including one or more of the following: kvm, qemu, libvirt.
- Experience with any of the following: distributed systems, database programming and administration, OpenStack, Linux networking, message-oriented systems, RESTful APIs, system security, designing for high-availability, Chef (or other automated configuration technologies), git.
- Experience with large-scale Cloud/Virtualization network deployment.
- Experience with Cloud Computing and Infrastructure as a Service.
- Experience with building, operating and supporting large-scale, 24x7 internet-facing services.
- Experience with working with open source communities.
Job ID: 1202238 Job - Engineering Primary Location - United Kingdom-United Kingdom-Bristol Other Locations - United States-California-Sunnyvale Schedule - Full-time Job Type - Experienced Shift - Day Job Travel - No Job Posting - Sep 26, 2013
To apply: Visit http://hp.com/go/jobs and search for job id ‘1202238’.