HPCS Release Automation Integration Engineer
HPCS Release Automation Integration Engineer - 1156252 Job Location: Galway, Ireland
HP Cloud Services (HPCS) is creating and operating HP’s global-scale public cloud. We are seeking talented, enthusiastic engineers to join our Release Automation team. This is a superb opportunity to be part of building and scaling HP’s public cloud business, working with leading-edge technologies at large scale, and with a great team in a fast-paced environment.
The HPCS Release Automation team delivers services, tools and processes to multiple teams to assist in the source control, continuous integration and automated deployment of their service to the HP Cloud.
The ideal candidate will have development experience in task automation as well as having a system/operations mindset as they will be automating the deployment of services into a large-scale, always-on, internet facing infrastructures in which service downtime must be avoided. Experience with automated configuration and deployment systems such as Chef is an advantage.
- Improving the automated deployment of one of the services that make up hpcloud.com, primarily using Chef, within a workflow that uses git for source control, gerrit for code review and Jenkins for continuous integration.
- Deploying that service into development environments and production
- Contributing automation solutions & standards to the wider automation team in HPCS.
- Participation in our agile development process: collaborative development of user stories/requirements, sprint planning, sprint execution and process improvement
- Interaction with the OpenStack/Chef open source communities to contribute and leverage best practices in continuous integration, automated deployment and testing
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a directly relevant technical discipline such as computer science or software engineering, or equivalent experience. Advanced degree an advantage.
- Relevant work experience. Proven track record of software development in fast-paced, challenging environments.
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience working with and developing on Linux/Unix.
- Self-starter with ability to quickly absorb and come up to speed
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, good presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to integrate well into a positive, energetic development team
- Experience with Chef (or other automated configuration technologies, eg Puppet)
- Experience with some or all of the following scripting languages: Python, Bash (any shell), Ruby, Perl.
- Linux/Unix systems administration
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools, preferably Jenkins, or alternative CI tools: BuildBot, CruiseControl, Tinderbox or similar.
- Experience with DVCS: git, bzr, hg, darcs (or other DVCS).
- Some experience with Java or other general programming language.
- Experience with some or all of the following technologies and technology areas:
- Gerrit (or other code review technologies),
- RESTful APIs
- build tools (python setuptools, maven, make, ant)
- system security
- designing for high-availability
- Experience of working with Open Source communities (Chef or OpenStack an advantage)
- Experience of building, operating and supporting large-scale, 24x7 internet-facing service
Job ID: 1156252 Job - Engineering Primary Location - Ireland-Ireland-Galway Other Locations - United States-California-Sunnyvale, United States-Colorado-Ft. Collins, United States-California-Roseville, United Kingdom-United Kingdom-Bristol Schedule - Full-time Job Type - Experienced Shift - Day Job Travel - Yes, 25 % of the Time Job Posting - Jun 5, 2013
To apply: Visit http://hp.com/go/jobs and search for job id ‘1156252’.